Free Hex Editor Overview
Free Hex Editor Neo is the fastest freeware binary file editor for Windows platform. Neo's data processing algorithms are extremely optimized and carefully tuned to save your time. It handles operations on large files and hex dumps (even larger than 1 GB) in just seconds!
In contrast to any competitors, our binary file editing product always offers you this kind of user experience: lengthy operations performs smoothly, UI stays responsive, progress bars provide you with frequently updated information, system always has sufficient resources, all your modifications are stored safely and instantly ready for Undo/Redo. All of our efforts are aimed at preventing you from losing the modifications you've made, which is often the case with competing products.
The development history since year 1999 makes our binary file editing software a true champion of performance and stability. It's not just a free HxD alternative, but probably the best Windows 11/Windows 10 hex editor available for free. In contrast to competitors, it allows you to edit binary files of virtually any size!
Download Hex Editor Neo and start using this binary editor for FREE!
Hex Editor Neo Basic Features
- Basic file editing and navigation
- You can type, work with clipboard copy/paste/merge data, write it to file, delete/insert binary data, fill selection with hex data patterns and more.
- Data formatting and grouping
- Neo Editor displays binary/hexadecimal data as a grid of cells with editable hex codes. Data may be grouped by Bytes, Words, Double Words and Quad Words and displayed as Binary, Hex, Decimal, Octal, Float or Double. The Little Endian and Big Endian byte order is also supported by our hex viewer.
- Instant search and replace
- Editor allows you to find Binary/Hex data patterns. Searching for chars, ASCII text strings and Unicode texts is also supported.
- RegExp search and replace
- Free Hex Editor Neo Find/Replace command supports ECMAScript-compatible regular expressions. Finding RegEx patterns can often be helpful in those data mining scenarios where standard text string or binary searches are not applicable.
- Unlimited Undo/Redo
- An unlimited number of changes made to a file can be instantly reverted and repeated, regardless of the document size.
- Automatic patch creation
- While hex editing file, just click "Create Patch" and get x86 or x64 patch file ready. Hex Editor makes a binary diff and automatically creates a 64bit or 32bit patch file.
- Portable hex editor installation
- Multilingual user interface
Hex Editor Neo provides you with basic, advanced and even some innovative binary editing functionality.
Download Free Hex Editor, its available online without registration!
Hex Editor Neo Advanced Features
Hex Editor Neo Advanced Features
Neo is a Freemium Hex Editor which means that it provides you with absolutely free basic editing features, while some advanced features require payment.
Here's a list of advanced features.
- Base converter
- The base calculator automatically converts data between the hexadecimal, decimal/integer, octal, float, double, ASCII, EBCDIC and UNICODE.
- 130+ Different Encodings
- Hex Editor supports displaying text in more than 130 different character encodings including ANSI, EBCDIC, UNICODE, ISO, OEM, ISCII, MAC, US-ASCII (7-bit), KOI8-R, KOI8-U, T.61, EUC, IA5, Europa 3, IBM5550, Asian and more. Multi-byte UNICODE character sets are also supported including UTF-8 and UTF-16.
- Byte editor (Bits editing)
- An easy-to-use visual tool that allows modification of individual bits for hex, decimal/integer and octal data, create bit masks and edit it in a convenient way.
- Disk editor/Drive Editor/Sector Editor
- Hex Editor Neo provides advanced disk editing features, allowing you to read/edit disk sectors and write raw data to physical disks drives (including volumes, partitions and files). Product parses partition tables and disk volumes, analyzes file system (NTFS/FAT32) and displays disk structure: folders, files and streams. It supports hard disk drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD) disk editing.
- Windows Virtual Memory Editor
- It provides you with an easy way open virtual address space and edit virtual memory blocks of any Windows process.
- Data encryption and decryption
- Neo Editor allows you to encrypt or decrypt file or its part using the following algorithms: RSA Security RC2 (ARC2) or RC4 (Rivest Cipher 4 aka ARC4), Data Encryption Standard (DES) symmetric-key algorithm, two-key/three-key Triple DES encryption (3DES or TDES), Advanced Encryption Standard 128-bit, AES 192 bits, AES 256 bits.
- Logical bitwise and arithmetic operations
- HexEditor supports Bitwise operators: NOT, OR, AND, XOR, Arithmetic operators: Negation, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Remainder, Logical and Arithmetic Shifts, Reverse Bits, Byte Swap.
- Editing Intel HEX files (Intel Hex files viewer/editor)
- Hex Editor Neo allows you to open and edit Intel HEX files. It supports editing Intel HEX files of the following formats: Intel HEX 8-bit (I8HEX), Intel HEX 16-bit (I16HEX), Intel HEX 32-bit (I32HEX).
- Editing Motorola S-record files (Motorola s-record viewer/editor)
- Hex Editor Neo allows you to open and edit Motorola S-record files. It supports editing Motorola Srecord files of the following formats: Motorola S19 (SREC S19), Motorola S28 (SREC S28), Motorola S37 (SREC S37).
- Hash/Checksum Calculator
- Hex Editor Neo supports 20+ of the most common checksum calculation algorithms. It supports hash calculation algorithms: Message-Digest - MD2, MD4, MD5, Secure Hash - SHA-1, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, RIPEMD Message Digest - RIPEMD-128, RIPEMD-160 and the following checksum calculation algorithms: CRC-16, CCITT CRC16, CRC-32, CRC XMODEM, CRC-64, CRC-64/WE, CRC-64/XZ, Adler-32, Fletcher-32.
- Search in files/replace in files
- Hex Editor Neo allows you to find(replace) specified binary data among files within disks or folders. You can search/replace in folders using RegExp patterns. Searching in NTFS streams is also supported.
- NTFS streams viewer/editor
- Product allows you to easily view and edit NTFS alternate data streams.
- Compare files (binary diff/hex diff tool)
- Neo Hex Editor provides you with powerful binary and hex diff tool for Windows allowing you to compare several binary files using two different algorithms: simple binary comparison and advanced block matching algorithm that allows you to isolate differences between binary files or hex dumps. Both perform well on large files.
- Hex Editor Binary Templates (Structure Viewer)
- Hex Editor Neo provides you with advanced binary data analysis and editing function called Structure Viewer. This feature allows you to bind binary templates to the data, allowing you to easily edit binary files and dumps according to the appropriate data format. For many known file types hex editor automatically loads built-in binary template from the library and parses data in the Structure View tool window.
- Hex Editor Neo allows you to disassemble x86, x64 and .NET executable files. It supports x86, x86-64, MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNow!, MSIL instruction sets. You can load symbol files for both 32-bit and 64-bit executables. Neo is a perfect dll/exe files editor!
Hex Editor Neo also offer Bookmarks, Data analysis and statistics, SDK, Scripting, Macros recording and even more useful functions for you. Download it now!
Free Hex Editor Neo System Requirements
Free Hex Editor Neo requires Intel or AMD x86/x64 compatible CPU, 2 GB of RAM memory and 25 MB of free HDD/SSD disk space. It works on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows-based operating systems. All recent Windows platforms starting from Windows Vista (including Windows 11, Windows Server 2022 and Windows 10 x86/ x64) are supported.
Free Hex Editor Neo Advantages
- Efficient It supports multiple core processing and utilizes full power of your PC.
- Smart It supports complicated Regular Expression search/replace patterns.
- Handy It allows you to make binary patches in just one click.
- Flexible It allows you to tune every aspect of the User Interface.
- FREE It costs NOTHING!